Datchet to Hythe End Flood Improvement Measures – Invitation to two Public Events (NOW FINISHED)
We are writing to inform you of upcoming events for Datchet to Hythe End Flood Improvement Measures (DHEFIM).
DHEFIM is a project that is exploring options to reduce flood risk in the wards of Datchet, Horton, Wraysbury and Old Windsor to better protect up to 2,500 properties from flooding. Flood risk remains a very real threat in the area, with a history of floods that have hit communities.
The Environment Agency and Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead are working in partnership [is that true?] to find solutions that work for your community and the environment. We invite you to meet the project team, learn more about DHEFIM and ask any questions you may have at one of the sessions below:
• The Wraysbury Hub, 12a High Street, TW19 5DB, Friday 24 November 2023 11:30am – 4:30pm
• Datchet Women’s Institute Hall, The Green, Horton Road, SL3 9EH, Saturday 25 November 2023 11:00am – 4:00pm
My response to the invitation is was follows:
Thank you for the invitation to the DHEFIM public events.
Having lived/worked locally and being the RBWM Councillor appointed to the Thames RFCC I plan to attend both events. Please feel free to contact me if you think that it would be helpful.
For the record my main concerns are as follows:
- the sub-standard state of existing land drainage infrastructure,
- thoughtless operation of Jubilee River flow control,
- DHEFIM project funding and timing
- and finally, the failure of ‘partnership working’