Skip to content
DHWNEWS
Menu
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
Menu

Black Potts Footbridge is dangerous

Posted on February 2, 2026February 3, 2026 by ecwlarcombe

Black Potts timber footbridge is dangerous and has been closed since mid-2025.  The image below records that the barriers and warning signs have been moved to facilitate access.  BEWARE – BLACK POTTS TIMBER FOOTBRIDGE IS WEAK (ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE) AND DANGEROUS.  THE BARRIERS WERE PUT IN PLACE TO PREVENT USE OF THE FOOTBRIDGE.  PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ASHFORD LANE FOOTBRIDGE IN DORNEY COLLAPSED LAST YEAR.

The image below records the sagging hand rails and deck – particularly on the right hand side.

The image below records the timber structure steadily sinking towards total collapse.  Note that the Environment Agency water level monitoring equipment is attached to the top of the wooden structure.  When this section of the bridge fails the EA will become aware of the problem very quickly.

(Timber footbridges – Temple is closed and partially dismantled, Berry Hill partially repaired, Ashford Lane collapsed, Allotments closed, Myrke to be inspected and Black Potts closed)

END

Recent Posts

  • Vacancy on Wraysbury Parish Council
  • 25 years on – How the Jubilee River was named?
  • Anybody lost a grey Mercedes A45 Turbo
  • Catapults – proposed RBWM Public Space Protection Order
  • Are some Datchet Parish Councillors involved in ‘conspiracy to defraud’?

DATCHET

The name "Datchet" is thought to be Celtic in origin, and the last part may be related to cet ("wood"). In the Domesday Book it is called "Daceta".lla. Datchet is first mentioned between 990 and 994, when King Ethelred made small grants of land here.

HORTON

The village name "Horton" is a common one in England. It is Old English in origin and derives from the two words horu 'dirt' and tūn 'settlement, farm, estate', presumably meaning 'farm on muddy soil'.In the Domesday Book of 1086 it was recorded as Hortune.

WRAYSBURY

The village name was traditionally spelt Wyrardisbury; it is Anglo Saxon in origin and means 'Wïgrǣd's fort'. Its name is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Wirecesberie and as Wiredesbur in 1195. The name is seen again as Wyrardesbury in 1422.

©2026 DHWNEWS | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme